CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remember?

So today is 9/11. It makes me think back as many of you to that day in 2001. Where I was... what I was doing... how it felt to watch my country be attacked. As I was thinking about all of this last night and today I thought about how awesome it was in the days after the attack that people were more friendly (in my experience) and took time to stop and talk. I was a sales associate at a womens clothing store part time back then and I remember how nice it was to have actual conversations with people... or to hear their story... It felt like I was living in a Leave it to Beaver community or something from the 50's when people knew people... I miss that. It is not like that much anymore... It saddens me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember where I was. I also remember the feeling of national pride and community that was around for a while afterward. It's a shame that it takes a tragedy like that to make people feel those things.